How it works
- Submit your manuscript by emailing the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your manuscript to be edited.
- Any supplemental materials to be edited, such as your cover letter, reviewer responses, figures and tables.
- The completed submission form available here.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 12 hours of submission, but usually we get back to you within just a few hours.
- Your manuscript will be edited and returned to you with all changes visible in the “tracked changes” feature of Microsoft Word.
- Pay your invoice.
- Upon receiving reviewer feedback, send your manuscript back to us for a FREE re-edit your changes and responses to the reviewers’ comments.
- Recommend Manuscript Authority to a colleague and receive $50 off your next editing service.
The standard turnaround time for papers less than 8000 words is 3 calendar days (not business days!). This means that Saturdays and Sundays are counted as part of the 3 days. If you submit your manuscript by Friday at 5 p.m. EST, you will receive your edited manuscript returned to you by Sunday at 5 p.m. EST. The turnaround time for manuscripts greater than 8000 words is 4 calendar days, as these take more time to edit, and we want to provide you with the best editing quality. But don’t worry–If you are on a tight schedule or must meet a certain deadline, please let us know! We will work with you to make sure you meet your goals.
We keep all manuscripts completely confidential. Only your personal editor will have access to your manuscript. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or requests regarding confidentiality.
Types of manuscripts
We edit many types of scientific documents, not limited to scientific manuscripts. Each type of manuscript has slightly different editing guidelines regarding the appropriate tone and verb tense. We make sure to edit each type of document just right.
- Scientific manuscripts
- Review papers
- Grant proposals
- Book chapters
- Conference papers
- Masters and PhD Theses
- Clinical studies